More time to travel.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
George and Morgan

Dev Rick is not on pigeonchat now is he still around
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:39 pm Dev Rick is not on pigeonchat now is he still around
I have not spoken to him for a good while George, i think he moved homes. So i lost all contact with him. I have no idea where he went.
George and Morgan

have asked someone he may be in partnership now
Andy

You always had that extra affection with your birds. They were all very tame.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:48 pm have asked someone he may be in partnership now
I hope you get a reply George, you never know mate. Good luck.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:49 pm You always had that extra affection with your birds. They were all very tame.

Thanks Andy, time was an element of all the work needed with the birds. Cannot be replaced but they were happy times we had together..
Murray

Mine are very quiet too. I think it something you are born with or not. I have seen some pigeon blokes whose pigeons go away as fast as they can as soon as they appear. Such people always seem angry or aggressive. I walk into the loft and have pigeons sitting all over me. Devo has that ability get them to trust him too. A kind nature.
A funny one, the other day I went to open old Gordon's house and let him out. Silly old pigeon was strutting around telling me all about it. I opened the door and he strutted straight out and landed at my feet. He stood there looking bemused. I picked him up and put him back in his box. He continued talking away flat out!
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

My birds are friendly too. There are a couple that don’t like being picked up and can be difficult to catch nut are generally quiet when I’m in the loft provided I don’t get too close to them.
As you say with Gordon, Murray, some pigeons always seem happy to welcome you when walking in the loft. I have some that will follow Roxanna all around the garden. I know they are after her giving them sunflower hearts and they do get their reward from her but it’s nice to see. One will sit on her head and follow her into the shed where the hearts are kept lol.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

strange but the birds that have come in from olr are very tame don't move of the perch if you go to handle them
Devo1956

This is what i love about the sport, there is no answer to how we should manage our lofts. Everything should be natural in all we do, i ask myself, would I live in Shi-- I dont think so.