Respiratory

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
goose1
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:23 pm He is King very top level with winning long distance pigeons , he sends to win not to complete the distance that’s no good to him
If I went into that I would go straight to him for stock
He’s a name you would know well his father founded the pigeons in the 60’s originally in the Wescott pigeons and over time winning lines have been added
to what is his own family really
I'm guessing that's Mark Bulled
NeilA

goose1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:51 pm
NeilA wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:23 pm He is King very top level with winning long distance pigeons , he sends to win not to complete the distance that’s no good to him
He’s a name you would know well his father founded the pigeons in the 60’s originally in the Wescott pigeons and over time winning lines have been added
👍
goose1
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:57 pm
goose1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:51 pm
👍
Top top man is Mark. We've birds from his best and he's had birds back off us from birds out of his stuff that have done well. Only thing i will say taking into account this thread, Mark in articles and in person has admitted he has a very limited knowledge of medication and as so keeps away from it. And to be honest, for the number he sends, to the results he achieves, club, national, international sprint to distance you will struggle to find a better fancier in the country. Whatever level your competing at pigeons DONT need medication to win. Fanciers are doing it because Tom up the road is and he's winning so if I don't medicate I can't win. Folk on this thread trying to make out their walking on water..their not.

Pigeon racing is a simple game no matter how complicated folk like to try and make it look to make the look better. Good pigeons, naturally healthy, fed and motivated correctly. That's it.
Murray

By golly, I think he's got it.

Good pigeons in a good loft, handled by a good fancier, there's the answer.
There isn't a bottle or packet on earth that will turn an ordinary pigeon into a good one.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
NeilA

Yes Goose I agree the best there is in my view . Mark was only mentioned in reply to kings method of not racing his young birds knowing that Marks the opposite and gets great success that way the topic went off subject there
But back to the medication can I ask do you not have concerns about your birds mixing Fridays ? That’s my big worry so I stick to a treatment cycle of course it falls down when your treating for canker Monday when there been next to birds full of worms etc
I’m not racing my cocks these last 5 weeks due to circumstances with my mums illness and the peregrine attacks getting to me but if I was I would be treating now that would probably be only 4 canker treatments 4 respo treatments etc over the summer say one monthly
How would you cover these things off or do you not particularly worry ? I know you win well so be interested in your view on how you manage your team
MIL

Gavin

I don't think i walk on water for one second

But I know my way around a sprinter and I've got the credentials to back it up too

I'm not saying I won every week, but there was no walk-overs with me.

If you beat me I made sure you worked for it - that's the very least I need to bring to the table surely?
goose1
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:08 am Yes Goose I agree the best there is in my view . Mark was only mentioned in reply to kings method of not racing his young birds knowing that Marks the opposite and gets great success that way the topic went off subject there
But back to the medication can I ask do you not have concerns about your birds mixing Fridays ? That’s my big worry so I stick to a treatment cycle of course it falls down when your treating for canker Monday when there been next to birds full of worms etc
I’m not racing my cocks these last 5 weeks due to circumstances with my mums illness and the peregrine attacks getting to me but if I was I would be treating now that would probably be only 4 canker treatments 4 respo treatments etc over the summer say one monthly
How would you cover these things off or do you not particularly worry ? I know you win well so be interested in your view on how you manage your team
You boys know far more about medication than I do and to be honest I've no desire to become clued up on it, the day I have to medicate constantly to win is the day I'll be finishing. We rely on the pigeons natural immunity, to me and obviously it's only my opinion you can't beat a naturally strong pigeon. But we do use a good avian vet from Ireland who I'm guessing you lads will know. He does the usual checks for anything and everything usually about the 3rd week in March. There's usually nothing wrong although a couple of years back we did have a slight issue with fungal. I'll be honest this year we did treat for respiratory it was just a feeling we had through observation and to be honest the only other thing we do all year apart from a worm treatment in January is a 5 day ctreatment for canker 3rd week in May. We're definitely no world beaters but we like to be competitive with old birds from first race to last. I just think reading a lot of your posts you torture yourself overthinking the job. Your clearly a good flyer It's a simple game enjoy it :lol:
goose1
Great Britain

MIL wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:37 pm Gavin

I don't think i walk on water for one second

But I know my way around a sprinter and I've got the credentials to back it up too

I'm not saying I won every week, but there was no walk-overs with me.

If you beat me I made sure you worked for it - that's the very least I need to bring to the table surely?
Absolutely wasn't a dig at anyone in general. But to me I always view these topics same as I did on chat...what if I was just starting out and was reading topics such as this, to be honest I would be out of the game as quick as I could. That's all my post was aimed at, anyone looking in just starting out don't think pigeon racing is like splitting atoms it's a very simple game.
goose1
Great Britain

Anyone who does want to see a very simple and successful way to race pigeons would do worse than to have a look at the Geoff Cooper video freely available on YouTube. I think it's about 50 mins long. Some folk may say it's outdated as it is an old video but to me the fundamentals of pigeon racing explained in that haven't changed much it the last 25 plus years
NeilA

goose1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:11 pm
NeilA wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:08 am Yes Goose I agree the best there is in my view . Mark was only mentioned in reply to kings method of not racing his young birds knowing that Marks the opposite and gets great success that way the topic went off subject there
You boys know far more about medication than I do and to be honest I've no desire to become clued up on it, the day I have to medicate constantly to win is the day I'll be finishing. We rely on the pigeons natural immunity, to me and obviously it's only my opinion you can't beat a naturally strong pigeon. But we do use a good avian vet from Ireland who I'm guessing you lads will know. He does the usual checks for anything and everything usually about the 3rd week in March. There's usually nothing wrong although a couple of years back we did have a slight issue with fungal. I'll be honest this year we did treat for respiratory it was just a feeling we had through observation and to be honest the only other thing we do all year apart from a worm treatment in January is a 5 day ctreatment for canker 3rd week in May. We're definitely no world beaters but we like to be competitive with old birds from first race to last. I just think reading a lot of your posts you torture yourself overthinking the job. Your clearly a good flyer It's a simple game enjoy it :lol:
Just small percentage gains really Goose is way I go about it
It’s not torture more interest and strive to do better before it’s all gone although some days it feels like torture
unfortunately my game is on its arse with local racing in tight feds . Less fanciers less clubs plus a area that races bith ways with not enough fanciers so you end up with radius where it’s over before the lib on the short ones or stick with what you have
I’m a bit stuck as I can only get in this club but it is what it is so maybe I have 5 years left to fly
Respo is interesting as I looked into getting tested for that but it’s not cheap unless I looked in the wrong places and that is one that scares me as you can get 2-3 crap weeks if you not on it as you know
Thanks for the info on your system