Feeding for 250-500 miles

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:47 am I spoke the truth pal n nrcc didn't like it
The marking team are great n it's good but in 2022 when they liberated the birds at Lerwick in awful weather n the birds were sitting in the road at Lerwick 3 days later I spoke the truth it took 3 days to get 36 birds home from whole convoy ,I said I never race with them again n conveyer n race controller should hang there head in shame n be sacked on the spot ,
I resigned n will never race with em again pal.
I got you that’s shit i remember that race
I’m thinking. Just Dunbar Perth Fraserburgh maybe Thurso if it’s right for us down here then cocks go the weeks I between to Darlington/ Berwick / Perth again think about Thurso
They will get 5 fed races first so if I get a standout sprinting there just go to Berwick
Just to try other things I started to feed a bit different I haven’t used the scales for a week now and that’s not easy for me just so I can play about with ideas this year rather than next .
Ybs I will do the same as normal and be looking to win the short ones
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Sounds good mate
Think you do well in nrcc .
Murray

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:47 am I spoke the truth pal n nrcc didn't like it
The marking team are great n it's good but in 2022 when they liberated the birds at Lerwick in awful weather n the birds were sitting in the road at Lerwick 3 days later I spoke the truth it took 3 days to get 36 birds home from whole convoy ,I said I never race with them again n conveyer n race controller should hang there head in shame n be sacked on the spot ,
I resigned n will never race with em again pal.
:o
I don't blame you, Anthony.
Okay, sometimes pigeons can fly into bad weather, and old birds can be released in grey weather, but pigeons sitting in the road 3 days later at the liberation....Shocking.
Someone should have been sacked for that.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

They had waves 25ft high at sea n birds liberated in two it from a island where they have to fly across 100 mile of the roughest sea you ever see ,,
I'm still upset now thinking about what they done.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:05 am Sounds good mate
I think with winds changing to East it puts London in a better position as in a west we are doing dead miles from Boston etc
Add a bit of north like this year at Dunbar and what’s predicted this week it’s possible to get one in the right weather down here
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:21 am
I think with winds changing to East it puts London in a better position as in a west we are doing dead miles from Boston etc
Add a bit of north like this year at Dunbar and what’s predicted this week it’s possible to get one in the right weather down here
Definitely
Teddy gunn as done well in past as well m8
MIL

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:19 am They had waves 25ft high at sea n birds liberated in two it from a island where they have to fly across 100 mile of the roughest sea you ever see ,,
I'm still upset now thinking about what they done.

There's no denying it was a true horror race
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:23 am
NeilA wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:21 am
Definitely
Teddy gunn as done well in past as well m8
Yes mate 2nd I think in the yb and not on a perfect day down here
Terry Haley sends so you can see him on the right day going close
Last edited by NeilA on Thu May 30, 2024 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeilA

Hopefully more will join to get others heading south
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Yes pal agree it can definitely be done on the right day ,I think Perth, Fraserburgh, Thurso are ya best chances Dunbar very difficult because the route they take in even on East winds Nottingham just about get them but further up its much fairer I think .