Could I get some advice please.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Murray

Diamond Dave wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:09 am Was dome with a gun but with columbavac dont know if thats oil based or otherwise.
He appears to be back to his normal "shining" self now
And while looking to see if it is an oil based vaccine I actually read the instructions (first time for everything) and it says that ot is very common for birds to have an adverse reaction in the form of a transient swelling at the site of the injection.
Luckily, there doesnt seem to be any damage around thearea at all.
Think I will leave him out this week and give him an extra week rest before Pau.
Thanks everyone
I am going to watch with interest.
I hope he does well from Pau for you.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Diamond Dave wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:09 am Was dome with a gun but with columbavac dont know if thats oil based or otherwise.
And while looking to see if it is an oil based vaccine I actually read the instructions (first time for everything) and it says that ot is very common for birds to have an adverse reaction in the form of a transient swelling at the site of the injection.
Think I will leave him out this week and give him an extra week rest before Pau.
Thanks everyone
Columbivac ain't oil base pal ,
Just get a gun n pull trigger with vaccine in ,it will spray 4 meters so imagine the speed that goes in to the pigeons,,I prefer a needle done slow n then rub the area with ya finger so there's no lump.
Diamond Dave
Great Britain

Murray wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:18 am
Thanks everyone
Cheers Murray he appears to be back to his old self now and no long term effects from it other than losing a bit of weight. So I am planning to build him back up with a heavy protein mix for a week and then a fat mix for the following 2 weeks unless any of you aces can advise me differently.
Buster121

Diamond Dave wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:28 pm
Murray wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:18 am
Thanks everyone
Cheers Murray he appears to be back to his old self now and no long term effects from it other than losing a bit of weight. So I am planning to build him back up with a heavy protein mix for a week and then a fat mix for the following 2 weeks unless any of you aces can advise me differently.
Good to see he recovering well and hope he goes on to repay you from Pau
Devo1956

I hope all goes well for him, and he comes through and gives you a winner. Good luck Dave.