First race with late breds yesterday

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

NeilA wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:45 am
Devo1956 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:58 am This is why the main aim and objective can be reached, by working with the birds as individuals you are giving them time to show true ability. Development happens over time, there are no cutting corners. Each stage of development needs to take place before the birds move on to the next stage. A good topic for new starters to understand. about young birds.
Bugger that Devo
Breed them for a late hatch in April train like bugger in July send them to the first 4/5 yb races put them away and have the end of August and September off the see a bit of the summer yourself all done in 4 1/2 months from pairing
Well Niel, we all have our own different ways of working with youngsters. and this is my view. Others may differ. but that is their views.
NeilA

I think there born good or crap only us an turn a good one crap and the crap stay crap which 80 percent are if not more
Sort them quick as possible is my way to find the races not homers it’s easy to fill a box with a pigeon over winter
I think Anthony even posted he’s giving it a miss in the future
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Its a lot of work Neil
Normally breed April race August September cull in Sept job done this was breed in July train when u shouldn't really work them hard lose the rubbish now race until end of July before I cull so 12 months work instead of 5 months work pal.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:48 pm Its a lot of work Neil
Normally breed April race August September cull in Sept job done this was breed in July train when u shouldn't really work them hard lose the rubbish now race until end of July before I cull so 12 months work instead of 5 months work pal.
That’s what I thought mate
But it served a purpose for your circumstance last year with the boys well worth the experiment mate
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Tell u one thing lads these modern day hype pigeons are pure rubbish, Jesus's it's hard to get real pigeons now 99.9 percent are weak rubbish with no metal about em ,
I've tried all these Internet in fashion birds there not worth a cold cup of tea .
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Sorry about the rant lads but super frustrating I bought a massive team of best kittles of directs lots of other top pipa pigeons and they are so shocking it's unbelievable if 1 comes good at the moment I be shocked.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:00 pm Sorry about the rant lads but super frustrating I bought a massive team of best kittles of directs lots of other top pipa pigeons and they are so shocking it's unbelievable if 1 comes good at the moment I be shocked.
Just goes to show the old ways are not so bad find a winning loft in competition you rate and go to them
One problem I think is sale room auction local are becoming a thing of the past
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:38 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:00 pm Sorry about the rant lads but super frustrating I bought a massive team of best kittles of directs lots of other top pipa pigeons and they are so shocking it's unbelievable if 1 comes good at the moment I be shocked.
Just goes to show the old ways are not so bad find a winning loft in competition you rate and go to them
One problem I think is sale room auction local are becoming a thing of the past
Neil Ryan godson won Saturday n 2nd as well
I bred winner n mum to 2nd n Ryan as tried many birds like me but why is it the same pigeons for last 14 years still winning for us n none of these other birds really get near em Yr in Yr out clocking same family of birds ,its so frustrating Yr in Yr out when u can't find good strong birds .
NeilA

Good news
Well done to both of you
Andy

I still think that a lot of these modern day pigeons are bred down from generations of unproven pigeons and treated with all sorts of medication so have a weak constitution. I don’t treat for anything. Any that go sick are just disposed of. I also think too much emphasis is put on sprint, middle and distance families. The so called sprint pigeons are generally just those that haven’t got the constitution to fly any sort of distance. The winners in our club this week, all be it from very good fanciers being the Staddons, were distance pigeons. These were ones sent to this short race because they were injured earlier in the season.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.