Feeding for 250-500 miles

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:55 am Yes pal agree it can definitely be done on the right day ,I think Perth, Fraserburgh, Thurso are ya best chances Dunbar very difficult because the route they take in even on East winds Nottingham just about get them but further up its much fairer I think .
Plus it comes very early for us I think we were having our first Wetherby when the Dunbar race was flown so ours only been 110 not much time on the wing if you hit a headwind could be a difficult day
Anthony webster
Great Britain

My pal said Cambridge marking station packed yesterday with lads from London and in-between said its really taking of now pal.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:50 am My pal said Cambridge marking station packed yesterday with lads from London and in-between said its really taking of now pal.
That’s good to know mate
I wish I had the idea a few months ago to get the system right
North wind saturday ideal
I see the London section went up 12 extra members from the Dunbar last old bird race I can see 3/4 local to joining for next year
NeilA

Going to stop my best 3/4 sprint cocks I think Anthony as I lost 4 fed winners by the time we got to Wetherby this year . I may miss this week send to Berwick next week then Perth 2weeks after so the yearling all go to 350 miles this year which will help for next years plan
Anthony webster
Great Britain

I don't like forecast m8 it's the gusts to 28mph scare me
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:45 am I don't like forecast m8 it's the gusts to 28mph scare me
When I was in tne big markets once it was over 25mph gusts we didn’t work mate it was bloody frightening with them 30 feet stalls the sheets were like sails
Used to drag me with them when I was a kid 😂
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:19 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:45 am I don't like forecast m8 it's the gusts to 28mph scare me
When I was in tne big markets once it was over 25mph gusts we didn’t work mate it was bloody frightening with them 30 feet stalls the sheets were like sails
Used to drag me with them when I was a kid 😂
I'm not sending either my late beds 2nd race I don't fancy it ,there my future.
NeilA

Not worth it
I got my mind on next year if I’m honest which isn’t like me normally I can’t wait for Saturday I think losing good birds and a bit of boredom set in what with the fed getting smaller it’s good to have a new plan
Just got to see if I have the pigeons for it or I have killed certain lines off just judging them to 250 miles or in the bin over the last 8 years
Anthony webster
Great Britain

U be fine Neil I've selected last 3 season on East wind North Rd pigeons now back racing south where I need west in the big races .its good keeps us thinking at night.
Steve Howells

Bugger I've emptied the shed the lot are sitting up at Perth at this minuet :lol: