Littlehampton RPC

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

Our race this week was from Ilkeston again, 152miles for me.
I sent 26 birds, this was my last warm up race before the we hit the 3 longer ones.
Our club had 12 members sending 176 birds.
The birds were liberated at 10.30 into a strong Northerly wind, as soon as I heard that I knew it was going to be far too fast for birds again. I was hoping to get one around the 2.5hr mark but fully expected the winners to be in before that.
I got my first one at 12.58, (2hrs 28mins) I was sat in the garden but never saw him arrive which is never good as it means he's come up from the coast and sneaked in from behind my Neighbours Garage where I can't see them 😬 thank goodness for ETS lol 😂🤣 I then had a 10 minute wait before I had a little flurry of birds arriving. From the direction the birds were coming from they clearly gone over me, it was very windy in my garden and the birds had obviously had to work hard to come back against the wind.
Well as expected the winners were in well before me but I was pretty pleased with my result on the whole. I had 22/26 by the time I went to the club, had 2 more home by 9pm, the last 2 turned up today.
20240601_215453.jpg
This is how my birds arrived
20240601_215438.jpg
This is our club result
Screenshot_20240602_174214_Telegram.jpg
This is the provisional Federation top 10.

Young Danny Porter did have another bird before his first one but the ring didn't register 😬😕 This was his pool bird and should have taken all the honours, to make matters worse as he was messing about with this bird to try and get the ring to register his second bird turned up but wouldn't trap, he was absolutely distraught last night and still is today, bless him.
We told him that he is lucky he never had to contend with rubbers, and that this wouldn't be the last time that he has a disaster like that 😂🤣
He'll be desperate to put the record straight next time out 👍
Devo1956

Great report Trev, i am sure Danny will make amends. Well done to all involved.
Buster121

Well done Trev nice to see good returns as well, sure Danny will be back as you say won't be the first or last time, shame it is but that is the learning curve all or most go through
Murray

Good result again Trev.
Yep, they've gone straight past at a hundred miles an hour then had to back pedal. :D
The birds are obviously fit and well, and with a bit of distance to level the field a bit you might be in with a shot.
Well done.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:28 pm Good result again Trev.
Yep, they've gone straight past at a hundred miles an hour then had to back pedal. :D
The birds are obviously fit and well, and with a bit of distance to level the field a bit you might be in with a shot.
Well done.
🤞🙏
Trev

This is our Federation result from Last weeks race from Ilkston, a great result for the Littlehampton fliers.
Well done Alan and all others in the result 👏
Screenshot_20240606-222412_OneDrive.jpg
Trev

Our birds were basketed for Hexham this evening, we are being conveyed by the Solent Federation along with the Dorset Federation.
Our Club had 11 members sending 121 birds, in the Federation we had 42 members sending 486 birds.
I've sent 18.
Should be a good and steady race 🤞
Murray

Sounds good.
Hope you get a good race, Trev.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Trev wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:39 pm Our birds were basketed for Hexham this evening, we are being conveyed by the Solent Federation along with the Dorset Federation.
Our Club had 11 members sending 121 birds, in the Federation we had 42 members sending 486 birds.
I've sent 18.
Should be a good and steady race 🤞
Good luck mate
Andy

Good luck for this weekend Trev.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.