Life in Bealiba.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:10 am How far is David from your home Murray? It would be good to have a visit to his lofts. When i come down under in March.
Not far. About an hour.
Yes, when you come we will visit David's loft. He has a very good loft, and has bought in the very best bloodlines.
He is a lot like you. He is very thorough and keeps records of all that he does.
I have had a lot of young birds off his top breeders for stock. Crossed with my family they seem to be as good as his, some may be better. :D
When you are here we will arrange some loft visits. Some will be an eye opener for you, that is certain. ;)
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:27 am
Devo1956 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:10 am How far is David from your home Murray? It would be good to have a visit to his lofts. When i come down under in March.
Not far. About an hour.
Yes, when you come we will visit David's loft. He has a very good loft, and has bought in the very best bloodlines.
He is a lot like you. He is very thorough and keeps records of all that he does.
I have had a lot of young birds off his top breeders for stock. Crossed with my family they seem to be as good as his, some may be better. :D
When you are here we will arrange some loft visits. Some will be an eye opener for you, that is certain. ;)
That sounds really good Murray, i am looking forward to the trip. I am sure you will have some good birds to see at your home. looking forward to our great chats of the sport.
Murray

My word!
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Murray wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:14 am We went into Bendigo this morning to watch the youngsters come from the first race.
Sunny, light winds, 100 kilometres to David's place. He sent about 25. I looked at some that remained, the pigeons look fantastic!
Wasn't a huge success. :( They've come from the wrong direction then didn't want to drop. Finally dropped then wouldn't trap. One did trap, one of mine. ;)
Others arrived and zoomed round instead of dropping.
Smoke was coming out of Davey's ears. His normally trap like lightning. They weren't all back before he had all the rest in the hampers, in the van and off up the road for a toss.
I have a dollar that says they won't do that next week. :evil: :lol: :lol:
First race done and dusted, that's the main thing 👍🤠
As you say, they should be better next time out 🤞👍🤠
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:34 am
Murray wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:27 am
Not far. About an hour.
That sounds really good Murray, i am looking forward to the trip. I am sure you will have some good birds to see at your home. looking forward to our great chats of the sport.
It sounds like being a great trip for you both 👍🤠