Littlehampton RPC

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

NeilA wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:22 am
Trev wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:03 am
NeilA wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:47 am

Solent fed were 1500 I believe and big 1400
I believe the lnrc was 1580
East Yorkshire 65mph
All from Berwick

Makes me think that the nrcc might be an issue to here for me .The further they go seems the slower they got
Wont know to next year now moved my best 3 cocks to the stock I can’t do the peregrines anymore I only hope my ybs get a chance
Big cull in a hour that’s them done for the year
The Solent Fed are who went with to Hexham, along with the Dorset Fed so looks like they will beat us then !!
Do you mean you'd consider joining the NRCC then Neil ?? I used to enjoy racing with them back in the 90s !!
Have your club finished Old birds for this year or have you just had enough ??
I do feel for you with these hawk attacks, I have awful trouble round home with the Sparrow hawk but at least that is seasonal and not all year !!

Hi Trev
We have 4 races left 2 short ones from where I lost my best birds so I dont fancy Grantham then Perth and Thurso
I had plans to go to Perth with the club for a change but wednesday evening training strike knocked me so couldn’t go to Berwick with my cocks as we marked the next day
I like my sprints to 250 miles but the fed is losing members each year and the radius is small so it’s only going one way
I always avoided Scotland due to fear of more bop from there to Northumberland etc but this year I have been destroyed from 100 miles and 25 miles so it makes me think it’s no different apart from time on the wing and coming across more potential bop
So to answer you I have 3 combine races here from 285-490 and the possibility of four nrcc 4 races 310-490
Now the nrcc is a long shot as we will be flying 100 plus miles more but the plus side the section had 23 members send which not massive but its much better than when I looked before nearly double
Thrn in top of that with mum in hospital twice a week I have started to consider things and started to think I could have a race every other week in the combine or nrcc from late May so rather than having my birds flying a hour in March ready for April I don’t need to
To give you example I have 6 alarms in my phone so my cocks are fed and flown out to the exact same time I weigh every gram they are fed according to weather etc it’s not easy with work and two days at the hospital so I’m thinking maybe a change would be better and give me a little more time
Only thing troubles me is a I kill everything without 2/3 fed cards each year so have i killed any lines I had that could fly over 5 hours
I see your predicament Neil 🤔 It sounds like you've got a few difficult decisions to make this year !! Hopefully your youngsters will come ok for you to help you make your decision 🤞 It certainly sounds like you put the work in mate so more than deserve the rewards.
Sorry to hear about your Mum mate, it must be very hard for you, both physically and emotionally 😔
Best wishes to you and yours my friend.
Trev

Anthony webster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:32 am Think there was more North in wind to humber then west north west yesterday pal but seems like most feds had good enough racing.
Looking at the winning times in our Combine there must have been a fair bit of North and very little west !!
Trev

Anthony webster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:28 am
NeilA wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:22 am
Trev wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:03 am

The Solent Fed are who went with to Hexham, along with the Dorset Fed so looks like they will beat us then !!
Do you mean you'd consider joining the NRCC then Neil ?? I used to enjoy racing with them back in the 90s !!
Have your club finished Old birds for this year or have you just had enough ??
I do feel for you with these hawk attacks, I have awful trouble round home with the Sparrow hawk but at least that is seasonal and not all year !!

Hi Trev
We have 4 races left 2 short ones from where I lost my best birds so I dont fancy Grantham then Perth and Thurso
I had plans to go to Perth with the club for a change but wednesday evening training strike knocked me so couldn’t go to Berwick with my cocks as we marked the next day
I like my sprints to 250 miles but the fed is losing members each year and the radius is small so it’s only going one way
I always avoided Scotland due to fear of more bop from there to Northumberland etc but this year I have been destroyed from 100 miles and 25 miles so it makes me think it’s no different apart from time on the wing and coming across more potential bop
So to answer you I have 3 combine races here from 285-490 and the possibility of four nrcc 4 races 310-490
Now the nrcc is a long shot as we will be flying 100 plus miles more but the plus side the section had 23 members send which not massive but its much better than when I looked before nearly double
Thrn in top of that with mum in hospital twice a week I have started to consider things and started to think I could have a race every other week in the combine or nrcc from late May so rather than having my birds flying a hour in March ready for April I don’t need to
To give you example I have 6 alarms in my phone so my cocks are fed and flown out to the exact same time I weigh every gram they are fed according to weather etc it’s not easy with work and two days at the hospital so I’m thinking maybe a change would be better and give me a little more time
Only thing troubles me is a I kill everything without 2/3 fed cards each year so have i killed any lines I had that could fly over 5 hours
My dad still in hospital Neil it's tough Tues thought we was gonna lose him he stats were 50 was on 15 litres oxygen a hour and infection in he's lung was 400 ,,I've be doing birds grafting then driving 3 hours most nights to hospital and bk then bk up 4am for birds ,,its tough and challenging when ya parents get old .
Hope ya mum is OK pal.
Sorry to hear that Anthony 😔 as you say, it's not easy when our parents hit that time in their lives when things start falling apart 😔 all we can do is try give a little of what they invested in us back, it's not easy though watching them become so frail and dependent 😔😥
Trev

NeilA wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:55 pm Sorry to hear that Anthony bloody horrible for you sorry for your dad
My Mums kidneys are packing up so dialysis 2 days a week right over Stevenage not even Harlow
I have be there by 8 so aim for 730 she meant to finish at 430 so I leave work early but often she’s not released to close to 7pm
If they allowed us to go to Harlow it’s 15 min from work but Stevenage is 40 on a good run then back to mums 30 mins away
I have to leave her there but try to stay a hour
Two weeks ago she fell over in there as she wanted toilet and they kept saying we will be with you shortly so tried to get up to go in her own so I hate heaving he
Apparently there a charity that help with like a companion but there maxed out
I’m in Work now mate making up the hours as I miss 8-10 hours doing the hospital trips
I feel some of your heartache and pain guys, thoughts and best wishes to you both and to your families.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

North Rd here one fed 1700s other 1900s I thought u would of got a lick on when I guess my time on the other thread by I was way two quick .
Trev

Anthony webster wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:52 pm North Rd here one fed 1700s other 1900s I thought u would of got a lick on when I guess my time on the other thread by I was way two quick .
Blimmy 😕 they were quick !!
I badly underestimated how fast it was going to be 😬 I didn't realise my birds could move that quickly lmao 🤣😂
Trev

Screenshot_20240610_202812_Telegram.jpg
This is our provisional federation top 10
Screenshot_20240610_202632_Telegram.jpg
This is the provisional Combine

Well done to all.
Buster121

Well done all
Devo1956

Well done to all.
NeilA

Nigel’s flying a excellent pigeon again