Members or birds

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

What do people look for in results ?
I always look at members yet it always seems bird age is quoted more in adverts and peds
My club ate small senders 13 sending 200 next week for example yet I see others 5 or6 sending 250
Maybe birds are more important but it’s always been clocks set for me as a couple of big teams can distort the figures
king

Members EVERY time. The number of birds is good for selling nothing but else. Back in the 80s by old club had say 45 sending 300, the race this week saw 10 sending 106
NeilA

king wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:17 pm Members EVERY time. The number of birds is good for selling nothing but else. Back in the 80s by old club had say 45 sending 300, the race this week saw 10 sending 106
That’s my thoughts
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Members n if there's good flyers some times it's 15 members n only 1 member knows how to race n other clubs there's 10 members n most can race, my local club 8 members at the moment racing n 4 or 5 members all won national n there taking first 15 in fed most races,
So definitely members but check see who's who because some clubs refuse good flyers membership this is a massive problem in racing in the UK.
Andy

I think the members are important but birdage has to be taken into account. We have some very good members in our club. Dave & John Staddon, John Halstead and the winner of this weeks BICC Alencon race Gary & Prilly Hodges, no relation. Along with Mr & Mrs Nutt and other very good fliers. But sometimes these very good fliers send big teams and dominate the result pushing others well down the sheet. We don’t have a limit on the number of places per member.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Albert

Some clubs I know, have limits on the places each member can take, and another bone of contention is birdage on the result that includes trainers entered by members, that don't have a clock set.
Buster121

Albert wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:38 pm Some clubs I know, have limits on the places each member can take, and another bone of contention is birdage on the result that includes trainers entered by members, that don't have a clock set.
Our club was same only allowing 3 birds in result
NeilA

Albert wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:38 pm Some clubs I know, have limits on the places each member can take, and another bone of contention is birdage on the result that includes trainers entered by members, that don't have a clock set.
I didn’t know that went in that not right to include them in a the result under them circumstances
We have 4 places per member to be honest I think that’s fine
It’s only 3 in the fed anyway
But we are up to 16 members now plus we have a 30 bird limit
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:44 pm
I didn’t know that went in that not right to include them in a the result under them circumstances
Big senders I love em it don't change the result in my opinion,
Bird limits we have keeps members happy but it's a false result thets be honest who wants prizes they didn't win?
In Dublin in isrf it's 50 bird limit n a member or partnership can only belong to one club
To me this is a great thing to keep everything equal
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 pm
NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:44 pm
Big senders I love em it don't change the result in my opinion,
Bird limits we have keeps members happy but it's a false result thets be honest who wants prizes they didn't win?
In Dublin in isrf it's 50 bird limit n a member or partnership can only belong to one club
To me this is a great thing to keep everything equal
I agree
Our fed has no limit we do so not entirely fair if the fed had 30-40 bird limit I would love it .
Since we put our limit on we gone from 8 sending to 13 and we have 16 members so it must be something people like as to me it makes it for more skill on an even footing .
Some big senders say there only sending some as trainers in other clubs for nationals I always say if so don’t put them through the marker send them as trainers , the truth is there talking shit and there hopeful one will get in a batch and a large team drives the break