Bit peed off today

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Went in to clean birds this morning and found a baby dead mainly my fault as I put the egg in same nest as 2 others which hatched before that one, found it had been kicked out yesterday and put back wished I had some others to have put it in as was first baby off my 2006 Janssen cock wasn't even sure would hatch as not had anything from him since his partner dies couple years ago the other egg is a dud
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:42 pm Went in to clean birds this morning and found a baby dead mainly my fault as I put the egg in same nest as 2 others which hatched before that one, found it had been kicked out yesterday and put back wished I had some others to have put it in as was first baby off my 2006 Janssen cock wasn't even sure would hatch as not had anything from him since his partner dies couple years ago the other egg is a dud
That’s a real shame Buster. Hope you get another opportunity to breed something from him.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
killer

You must of killed a Chinamen mate
Buster121

killer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:48 pm You must of killed a Chinamen mate
No mate I moved them so that I could put some very special ones under them to breed for someone not really expecting mine to hatch, so was shocked when one did on another note the special ones never hatched either so was a lose lose :( :(
Murray

I think I can see where you went wrong, Buster.
I have a big old pied pigeon whose name is Gordon. He is an unrung stray, but is the most beautiful, quality pigeon. :D
He and Mrs Gordon are fantastic parents. So much so that they often have eggs from expensive stock pigeons put under them, from other lofts.
The important thing is, the Gordons have a pair of eggs. They are quietly slipped out and another pair of eggs are slipped in. The dates are as close as can be arranged.
Sure enough, out they pop, Mummy and Daddy are delighted, all is well.
I know people talk rubbish about switching eggs/babies around. Most of the time it is wrong.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:30 am I think I can see where you went wrong, Buster.
I have a big old pied pigeon whose name is Gordon. He is an unrung stray, but is the most beautiful, quality pigeon. :D
He and Mrs Gordon are fantastic parents. So much so that they often have eggs from expensive stock pigeons put under them, from other lofts.
The important thing is, the Gordons have a pair of eggs. They are quietly slipped out and another pair of eggs are slipped in. The dates are as close as can be arranged.
Sure enough, out they pop, Mummy and Daddy are delighted, all is well.
I know people talk rubbish about switching eggs/babies around. Most of the time it is wrong.
Agree Murray the other pair eggs done same way hatched ok and will be rung tomorrow
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:42 pm Went in to clean birds this morning and found a baby dead mainly my fault as I put the egg in same nest as 2 others which hatched before that one, found it had been kicked out yesterday and put back wished I had some others to have put it in as was first baby off my 2006 Janssen cock wasn't even sure would hatch as not had anything from him since his partner dies couple years ago the other egg is a dud
Thats a real shame Buster, hopefully the old fella will get another chance 🤞
Pleased to hear the other pair hatched ok 👍
As I've always said in most cases there is no right way or wrong way just your way and my way and we all need a fair wind and a bit of good fortune, onwards and upwards mate.